Focus and Scope
Prominent Journal of English Studies is a national journal of OJS published by Department of English Education, the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education at Muria Kudus University (UMK) dedicated to publishing high-quality research and non-research articles in the field of English studies covering Education, Linguistics, Literature, Teaching, Translation, Culture, Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Prominent Journal of English Studies is published twice a year in January and July.
The purpose of this Journal is to promote a principles-based approach to research on language and language-related concerns by fostering inquiry into the relationship between theoretical and practical studies. The journal welcomes contributions in such current areas of analysis in:
- First, Second, and Foreign Language Teaching and Learning
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Language in Education
- ICT-Based English Teaching
- Language Planning, Language Testing
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Multilingualism and Multilingual Education
- Discourse Analysis
- Translation and Translanguaging
- Literature and Teaching
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Articles submitted to Prominent Journal of English Studies will be reviewed by two reviewers in a double-blind peer review. Accepted articles will be published online based on the peer review process. Submissions that meet the journal's requirements are reviewed by two reviewers. They experienced in the field of English language teaching, linguistics, literature, and translation are evaluated using the following criteria.
- The title is appropriate, succinct, and clear
- Abstract well represents the article
- The author's objectives are clear and well founded
- The author uses appropriate references
- The references are appropriate
- All parts are complete and relevant
- The article is from appropriate length
- All statements are clear
- Diagrams, figures, illustrations are clear and functional
- The article contributes to the advancement of theories and / or practices in this area
- For Research Report Article:
- The problem / problem / purpose of the study is clear and well founded with contextualization within the broader network of relevant studies
- Research methodology and design are consistent with purpose (s)
- Research procedures are clearly described
- Research results are well presented
- Discussion explains the results well and logically links the results with theories and / or practices; Alternative perspectives are sought (if applicable)
- Conclusions are drawn well
- The language used for the articles is English and is checked with plagiarism check and grammar check
Prominent Journal of English Studies is published twice a year in January and July.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides open access for freely conducting research for public and would support the biggest global knowledge exchange.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...